Sunday, October 5, 2014

Obsessed (2009) - it's not a rare thing in real life!

Just watched this movie and surprisingly it wasn't that bad.  Somewhat reminiscent of Splinter and similar stuff only about different deviations.

The main character has a high-paying job, new giant house and an exemplary family with loving wife and an unnaturally quiet little kid (LOL).

All of that is nearly taken away when he becomes subject of sick passion of a temporary replacement co-worker. The gal goes to really great lengths to get him and the personages are surprisingly stupid to not ask for anyone's assistance at first.

Performances are good. The story more or less holds you in place, I was bored only a tiny bit in the middle (while everyone was being stupid). The protagonist is somewhat SharonStone-ish but the wife is tough as well, so you get an extensive girls fight in the finale. With the happy end of course (not for everyone).

What's interesting is how it portrays the delusion which is not so rare to encounter. I had a similar experience, took the police to get the guy away. Of course he wasn't so inventive and only broke a couple of bushes in front of my house but I was scared as hell when he wouldn't leave. Police offered to let him go as the small fine wasn't a big measure but I went for it anyway as it allowed to step up the measures in case he came again (he never did). So this MC was stupid to not report a stalking or harrassment the first time but I guess it takes a burn to start being cautious.

Curious how the theme keeps popping up for me - Stalker series, then this movie... and I had to deal with that kind of deviation twice in the last year. The second time I was already smarter, saw it earlier and cut it harder. They guy still kept calling me for three weeks in series of 5 calls in a row after 1.5 dates despite the blacklist giving him the "busy" signal every time. And that was a quiet one, the first guy called me like 70 times in an hour non-stop!

What can I tell you? If you see any signs of behaviour similar to that gal in this movie (like not reading your "go away" signs and even direct words), remember one thing which is kind of implied but never pronounced in this movie: NEVER TRY TO REASON WITH THEM! Just cut it off and never speak another word, do not even repeat the "Go away and never come back" coz they'll still misinterpret it, the way you can see in here. These are no jokes.

So here, I might even leave it as educational regarding such kind of mental bug.
[IMDB]

No comments:

Post a Comment